Monday, March 16, 2009

Protect Yourself from Lock Bumping

I just had to tell you how easy it was lock bumping my first lock. It took me about 20 minutes to master the technique or figure out the right combination of hitting and pressure placed upon the key. I carved an extra house key for newer houses for sale that I had with a dremel tool as to what I thought the key should look like based upon the pictures that I have seen on the internet. I keep hitting the key along with my fingers (ouch) with a screw driver handle and sure enought on about the 20th or so hit the deadbolt turned. I was simply amazed! It took me awhile to figure out that you have to apply slight pressure to the key as it is being hit but sure enough it works. I have since put interior latches on all the exterior doors and I am in the process of buying high security locks from one of the three manufactures of such locks. I do have a young or 1 year old dog that has great hearing and I would recomend that everyone either get a dog or bump proof locks or maybe a combination of the two. If you have not bumped a lock, believe me it is pretty simple with a little practice and patients. Please protect yourself and your family.

No comments: